[Dovecot] v2.0 configuration parsing

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Aug 10 21:52:07 EEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 20:47 +0200, Felix Schueren wrote:
> make it
> protocols {
>   imap {
>     remote_ip x/16 {
>       foo = foo
>     }
>   }
>   all {
>     remote_ip x/24 {
>       foo = bar
>     }
>   }
> }

That's just a syntax change. The question is still about if it should
match the first one or the most specific one.

> I'd strongly suggest to use the same approach as firewalls (or exim):
> first match wins. I love exim because I can configure it much like my
> firewalls & routers, and the "fall through until something matches"
> syntax that most firewalls/ACLs use is well-understood & flexible.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think something like this would be good, with
perhaps some restrictions in how the configuration blocks could be used.
But is it better to use the first or the last match?..