[Dovecot] QUOTA not appearing in CAPA

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Tue Aug 11 03:43:28 EEST 2009

Hi,

ok, I've compiled it a few times, and made sure all of my settings are
correct, but the QUOTA is not appearing in the opening CAPA that comes
with the greeting.

I have it configured in the dovecot.conf like so:

protocol imap {

  mail_plugins = quota imap_quota

}

and I can see when turning debugging on that the following is spit out
when starting :

Starting DovecotILoading modules from directory: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
IModule loaded: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib10_quota_plugin.so
IModule loaded: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so
IEffective uid=65534, gid=65534, home=/tmp
IQuota root: name= backend=maildir args=
IEffective uid=65534, gid=65534, home=/tmp

and then I see the following in the dovecot logs :

Aug 10 17:35:10 IMAP(xxxxx at simplenet.com): Info: Module loaded:
/usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib10_quota_plugin.so
Aug 10 17:35:10 IMAP(xxxxx at simplenet.com): Info: Module loaded:
/usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so

when I log into the IMAP port, I get the following greeting :

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.

So it seems there is no QUOTA support for the IMAP server to query for
the quota file...

can someone help me as to a direction to go here??? The reason I need it
is because I believe the web client relies on the QUOTA being in the
CAPA in order to show it...

Thanks,

Tim.