[Dovecot] QUOTA not appearing in CAPA

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Tue Aug 11 08:35:45 EEST 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 18:01 -0700, Tim Traver wrote:
>
>> and I get the following back :
>> * QUOTAROOT "INBOX"
>> QUOT1 OK Getquotaroot completed.
>>
>> But I don't see a quota value in there anywhere.
>>

> That means you either have unlimited quota or you don't have quota
> configured at all. Have you set up quota and quota_rule settings?
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/1.1 should explain them, if it doesn't
> help show your dovecot -n output.

Timo,

I figured out something...The issue appeared to have been that no
maildirsize file existed. Once I put the maildirsize file in there, then
it sent back the quota parameters.

But, isn't it supposed to create that file if it does not exist???

Or at least on delivery isn't it supposed to get created??? (I have
quota plugin enabled in the lda as well)

Thanks,

Tim.