[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2.3: TB fails to unsubscribe folder after deletion

Max Dittrich max.dittrich at t-online.de
Tue Aug 11 13:12:38 EEST 2009

Hi,

I'm running dovecot 1.2.3 with "imap_client_workarounds =
tb-extra-mailbox-sep" and noticed that after deleting a folder (moving
to Trash and emptying it on exit) that folder in Trash still keeps
subscribed.
I think the reason for that behavior is that the call for
mailbox_list_set_subscribed() in imap/cmd-subscribe.c (line 84) is fed
with the original mailbox name and not the stripped version in
verify_name. Assigning verify_name to mailbox in the
workaround-conditional fixes this issue for me.

I'm not very familiar with C programming but while tracing
cmd_subscribe_full() I stumbled upon another thing. In
mail_namespace_find_mask() (lib-storage/mail-namespace.c at line 413)
mailbox is reassigned with a local string (not t_strduped). I think this
might be a problem when mailbox is dereferenced after returning from
that function?!

.max