[Dovecot] QUOTA not appearing in CAPA

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Tue Aug 11 21:56:04 EEST 2009

Timo,

ok, I have been trying to get this all set up, and am still having
problems. I'm sorry for bugging you about this...

To refresh the situation, I have a custom checkpasswd routine that
retrieves the user information properly, which gives the Maildir root.

In that Maildir directory, I use the maildirquota file to set the quota
of the account.

although setting up a quota_rule did indeed make it so that the
maildirsize file was created when an email was delivered, it would
ignore the quota that is set up in the maildirquota file.

How do I get the quota plugins to use the maildirquota file as the
source of the correct quota for that account???

I have included my dovecot -n output for you
# 1.2.2: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
# OS: FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE i386
log_path: /local/logs/dovecot.errors
protocols: imap imaps pop3 pop3s managesieve
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable(default): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(imap): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(pop3): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
login_executable(managesieve): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/managesieve-login
verbose_proctitle: yes
first_valid_uid: 100
mail_uid: 100
mail_gid: 100
mail_location: maildir:%h/Maildir
mail_debug: yes
mmap_disable: yes
mail_nfs_storage: yes
mail_nfs_index: yes
lock_method: dotlock
mail_executable(default): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(imap): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(pop3): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3
mail_executable(managesieve): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/managesieve
mail_plugins(default): quota imap_quota
mail_plugins(imap): quota imap_quota
mail_plugins(pop3):
mail_plugins(managesieve):
mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/pop3
mail_plugin_dir(managesieve): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/managesieve
pop3_client_workarounds(default):
pop3_client_workarounds(imap):
pop3_client_workarounds(pop3): outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
pop3_client_workarounds(managesieve):
lda:
  postmaster_address: postmaster at scaledsystems.com
  mail_plugins: quota sieve
  quota_full_tempfail: yes
  auth_socket_path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
auth default:
  mechanisms: plain login
  username_translation: %@
  username_format: %Lu
  verbose: yes
  passdb:
    driver: checkpassword
    args: /bin/checkpassword_dovecot_auth
  userdb:
    driver: checkpassword
    args: /bin/checkpassword_dovecot_deliver
  socket:
    type: listen
    master:
      path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master