[Dovecot] Upgrade question from 1.1 to 1.2

Wouter van der Schagt wouter at vdschagt.com
Thu Aug 13 09:00:02 EEST 2009

Good afternoon,

I am considering to upgrade from Dovecot 1.1.18 to 1.2.x and was reading
your Wiki regarding any changes and found: "If you were using e.g.
mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/%h, just change it to mail_location =
maildir:%h and add /var/mail/ prefix to home dirs."

I am currently using: "mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir" in combination
with vpopmail. Does this need to be changed? or is ~/Maildir considered an
absolute directory?

Is there anything else I should be aware of ?

Sincerely,
- Wouter van der Schagt