[Dovecot] Public namespaces with global ACLs 1.2+

Thomas Leuxner tlx at leuxner.net
Fri Aug 14 08:39:54 EEST 2009

Am 14.08.2009 um 07:30 schrieb Timo Sirainen:

>> I want to limit certain people to create new mailboxes in namespace
>> "Public" only.
>
> So didn't it work like that the way you did it? Or without global
> ACLs, the same way by placing the dovecot-acl file to the shared
> Maildir root.

I started by adding a 'dovecot-acl' with the lrwk permission in the
root of the public mailbox. My idea was this gets fetched when
creating new mailboxes within it. Actually it seems not to read that
file upon creation of new mailboxes but expects it to be in the newly
created Mailbox itself, which is obviously doesn't work.

If I add permissions to a .DEFAULT file it works, but this is too
broad for me.