[Dovecot] Upgrade question from 1.1 to 1.2

Johan Hendriks j.hendriks at schavemaker.com
Fri Aug 14 11:28:20 EEST 2009

Wouter van der Schagt schreef:
>> If you find out anything, add it to the wiki..
>
> Upgrade went relatively smooth. I did get 2 error messages though in
> the errorlog.
>
> Error: Error in configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf line
> 18: Unknown setting: ssl_disable
> Error: Error in configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf line
> 81: Unknown setting: login_greeting_capability
>
> Are these settings deprecated? and if so, what supersedes them?
> Commenting them out for now did the trick.
>
> Sincerely,
> - Wouter van der Schagt
Did you read this page  ?
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Upgrading/1.2

there is a list with the changes.
To make you life a little easier here they are:

Settings:

    *

      Renamed ssl_disable=yes to ssl=no.

    *

      Renamed auth_ntlm_use_winbind to auth_use_winbind, which also
      determines if GSS-SPNEGO is handled by GSSAPI or winbind.

    *

      Removed login_greeting_capability. The capabilities are now always
      sent (Lemonade requires this and it's not that much extra traffic).

    *

      Removed auth_worker_max_request_count. It was useful only with
      PAM, so it can now be specified in
      passdb pam { args = max_requests=n } . The default is 100.

    *

      Removed umask. It wasn't really used anywhere anymore.

--
*Johan Hendriks*

Tel: +31 (0)251 229098
Fax: +31 (0)251 212016