[Dovecot] dovecot 1.0.7: how to create translated imap folders?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 14 17:50:08 EEST 2009

On Aug 14, 2009, at 10:15 AM, zbiggy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to have Polish imap folders' names in dovecot instead
> of English. How I can do this with dovecot?

That would be an IMAP client feature.

> Change table of folders:
> INBOX -> Otrzymane

INBOX is a hard coded IMAP feature.

> Sent -> Wyslane
> Drafts -> Robocze
> Trash -> Kosz

None of these are created or used by Dovecot in any special way. It's
done by clients.

> Then I would like to display them using SquirrelMail.

See if there's a SquirrelMail plugin that already does this. If not,
you'll have to implement it yourself. In any case there's nothing you
can do about this on Dovecot's side. (I guess it might be possible to
do something horribly ugly, but it might just break everything.)