[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA

Wouter van der Schagt wouter at vdschagt.com
Sat Aug 15 18:14:24 EEST 2009

Good morning,

Still not having luck to get the LDA to work, using Qmail + Vpopmail and read the wiki. I'm using:

auth default {
mechanisms = plain

passdb vpopmail {
}

userdb vpopmail {
}

user = vpopmail
count = 1
ssl_require_client_cert = no
}

Which work well for authenticating users, however when using the following in a .qmail file:

|/var/qmail/bin/preline -f /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $EXT@$USER

I get the following error message:

Error:_userdb_lookup:_connect(/usr/local/var/run/dovecot//auth-master)_failed:_No_such_file_or_directory/

Eventhough it should have been created (I think) in the protocol lda section of the config file. I specifieD:

auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master

However I thought since using vpopmail I don't need to use the auth-master ? or am I missing something?

Sincerely,
- Wouter van der Schagt