[Dovecot] Quota question.

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Sun Aug 16 16:09:41 EEST 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 10:31 -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
>> What is the proper way to get the quota in the database to reflect what is
>> actually in the users mailbox?
> ..
>>    quota: dict:user::proxy::quotadict
> ..
>>    quotadict: mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf
>
> You should be able to just delete the user's quota row from SQL and then
> log in as the user and issue "GETQUOTAROOT INBOX" command. That should
> recalculate the quota, and in my tests a few days ago it did. But some
> other guy said that he couldn't get it to work.. So, let me know if
> there is a problem.

Thanks for the help. It seems to be working now.

> Actually it should be possible to just delete the row and let Dovecot
> recalculate the quota on next update, but currently this isn't working.
> I've a half-finished patch to make it work, but it's a pretty big
> change. v1.2.4 anyway hopefully has it.

I am looking fwd to this fix. I have several thousand mailboxes to migrate in
the next few weeks. Not something that is really practical to do by hand. Maybe
I could script something using expect and a modified db query so that I do not
have to know all of the users passwds.

Does that sound reasonable?

Regards,

--