[Dovecot] Crash in v1.2.3: istream.c: assertion failed on line 99

Phillip Macey phillip.macey at cisra.canon.com.au
Mon Aug 17 08:31:13 EEST 2009

On 15/08/2009 3:17 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

Sorry about the long wait for a reply. The weekend and life away from a
computer/work called :-)

> See if this helps: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/4c42e72a3954

This seems to fix it - the process does not crash any more when I use
either telnet or thunderbird. I can confirm that the mails were actually
copied from source to destination ;-) I reverted back to an earlier
version to make sure and the crashes returned. Once I went back to the
latest version, it all started working again without crashes.

Thanks Timo! Should I consider this fixed. Do you still want more info
about anything?

> Also you could check if you have any mails with CRs in them:
>
> perl -ne 's/\r$//;print if /\r/' *

This didn't print anything - I was sort of expecting it to at least
print something (especially since your update seemed to fix the crash...)

--
Thanks,
  Phill Macey (CiSRA IT Services)