[Dovecot] alias does not work

denis denlistes at altern.org
Tue Aug 18 19:27:56 EEST 2009

Hi,

Thank you to everyone who helped me get near the goal. Remains a problem
is that aliases don't work.

The problem is that in the configuration of alternc, the mails are seen
as aliases in the form user_domain.tld. In a second time, a match is
made to see if an "real" alias exists.

postmap -q test at lists.test.net mysql:/etc/postfix/mydomain.cf
test-owner_lists.collectifs.net

postmap -q test-owner_lists.test.net mysql:/etc/postfix/myalias.cf
"| /var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman owner test"

With my configuration, this second part doesn't work. Perhaps the
simplest is to ask to deliver the mail to user_domain.tld except of
user at domain.tld in master.cf ?

Thanks
Denis

# main.cf

virtual_alias_maps =    proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/myalias.cf,
                         hash:/etc/aliases
virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mydomain.cf
virtual_mailbox_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/myvirtual.cf

virtual_transport = dovecot
dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1

# master.cf

dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=www-data:www-data argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d
$(recipient)