[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Thu Aug 20 09:35:16 EEST 2009

On 08/20/2009 07:38 AM Wouter van der Schagt wrote:
>> Another question to which I couldn't find the answer in the wiki is whether
> 'lda' should be added to the protocols line in the configuration, such that
> it becomes:
>
> protocols pop3 pop3s imap imaps lda

No, the wiki (and the dovecot-example.conf) says:
protocols = imap imaps
    Protocols we want to be serving: imap imaps pop3 pop3s
    If you only want to use dovecot-auth, you can set this to "none".

When Dovecot was patched with the ManageSieve-patch and build with
ManageSieve support, one should add managesieve to the protocols setting.

The LDA is not listed in the protocols setting, because it will never
and could never accept a network connection.
There is also no listen/ssl_listen setting for the protocol lda {…} section.

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: c01dcafe.0923208 at localdomain.org