[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot/sendmail combi.

Roger dovecot at berger.nl
Fri Aug 21 15:57:35 EEST 2009

Steffen Kaiser wrote ..

> On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Roger wrote:
>
> > But how do I do that and does that inflict all users on the server (only
> > a part of the users use imap). there are about 200 pop users on the mail
> > server and only 50 of them need imap.
>
> Replace mail_location:
>
> mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
>
> then imap_sync
>
> POP and IMAP users don't care about server-side storage format.
>
> Bye,
>
> - --
> Steffen Kaiser
Looks like this is working, imapsync now nicely makes the subfolders. But, when I try to log in from the webmail server I got this error:
IMAP(sannevdh): Error: stat(/var/mail/sannevdh/tmp) failed: Not a directory

I changed the dovecot.conf to this:
mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
and
namespace:
  type: private
  separator: /
  prefix: #mbox/
  location: maildir:~/Maildir:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
  inbox: yes
  list: yes
  subscriptions: yes
namespace: