[Dovecot] Help with building sieve

Stephan Bosch s.bosch at utwente.nl
Fri Aug 21 17:09:56 EEST 2009

Jonathan Siegle wrote:
> Am building sieve plugin on AIX. This is revision 1095:8010f1eb66b3. I
> see the following error when doing the build:
>

> rm -fr .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax^M
> mkdir .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax^M
> rm -fr .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax/libsieve.a^M
> mkdir .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax/libsieve.a^M
> (cd .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax/libsieve.a && ar x
> /usr/sadmin/src/imapservers/dovecothg/dovecot-1.2-sievepsu/src/plugins/lda-si
>
> eve/../../../src/lib-sieve/.libs/libsieve.a)^M
> libtool: link: warning: object name conflicts; renaming object files^M
> libtool: link: warning: to ensure that they will not overwrite^M
> Usage: uniq [-c | -d | -u] [-f Fields] [-s Chars] [-Fields] [+Chars]
> [Input_file [Output_file]]^M
>

> I think this is the crux of my missing  notify_operation token I
> reported the other day. I can solve the uniq -cd problem. I don't know
> what libtool is trying to do there.
I am wondering why it breaks specifically on the notify command and
opcode structs. All other extensions are defined identically and should
show the same symptoms. Maybe there is a subtle difference somewhere
that triggers this problem on AIX. I'll have a look, but I won't be able
to reproduce anything.

Timo also may have an idea. He'll be back some time next week.

Regards,

Stephan.