[Dovecot] missing .dovecot.lda-dupes file in LDAP/virtual user environment

Claudio Tassini claudio.tassini at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:20:05 EEST 2009

Hi Timo,
thank you for the quick reply.

> mail_location: maildir:/maildirs/%h
>
> Don't do this. v1.2+ no longer even allows it. Rather use:
>
> mail_location = maildir:%h

I used that for backward compatibility with our old mail system. I didn't
know this was deprecated.

> > user_attrs = mailMessageStore=home,maildirquota=quota_rule=*:backend=%$
>
> user_attrs = mailMessageStore=home=/maildirs/%$, ...

I'm going to try this..

> And preferably the home wouldn't even contain the Maildir/ part, so that
> you'd have a separate home directory and
>
> mail_location = maildir:%h/Maildir

I understand that, but in my environment the "posix" home directory is
stored in another ldap attribute and its structure is completely separated
from the "maildir", something like:

user1 home directory: /users/home/user1 (this resides on a shared NAS )
user1 maildir: /somepath/maildirs/domain/partitionnumber/username/Maildir
(this is a local crypted filesystem with restricted access and a structure I
need to migrate from another system )

Unfortunately I have to maintain this behavior by now..

--
Claudio Tassini