[Dovecot] ACL in public folders

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 28 18:12:23 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 15:50 +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> > > I have /home/pubfolders2/dovecot-acl containing:
> >
> > The file isn't read by 1.2.1. Upgrade.
>
> Thanks Timo. I think the Wiki is misleading: it says (on page
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/ACL):
>
> "Dovecot v1.0 and v1.1 supports administrator-configured ACL files. v1.2+
> supports also IMAP ACL extension..."
>
> If 1.2.1 doesn't read the dovecot-acl file, how are ACLs configured in
> that version?

I mean 1.2.1 doesn't read default acls from dovecot-acl file in mail
root directory. I added that to 1.2.4. With older versions you'd have to
put the dovecot-acl file to each maildir separately, or perhaps create a
global ACL file named .DEFAULT (which kinda does the same for mailboxes
in root directory).