[Dovecot] Crash: imap process, Dovecot 1.2.4, related to ACLs (backtrace included)

Andreas Ntaflos daff at pseudoterminal.org
Fri Aug 28 22:43:45 EEST 2009

On Friday 28 August 2009 19:42:47 Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 02:46 +0200, Andreas Ntaflos wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I started experimenting with ACLs and found I could reliably and
> > reproducibly crash the IMAP process when trying to create a
> > subfolder of a folder that has has ACLs set. The folder is called
> > "Sent" with an ACL of "owner lrwstipke". I wanted to be able to
> > have certain folders the the user cannot delete but where
> > subfolders can be created freely.
>
> ..
>
> >   acl: vfile:/etc/dovecot/acl
>
> You created a global ACL, right? So /etc/dovecot/acl/Sent?

Exactly right. It contains the line "owner lrwstipke".

I just now reproduced the crash again. None of the Maildir folders
contain anything pertaining to ACLs (no dovecot-acl or dovecot-acl-list
files) and the Sent folder is the only one with an ACL set. The log file
again shows

Panic: file acl-backend-vfile.c: line 1124
(acl_backend_vfile_object_update): assertion failed: (!update-
>rights.global)

Anything else I can provide?

Andreas
--
Andreas Ntaflos
Vienna, Austria

GPG Fingerprint: 6234 2E8E 5C81 C6CB E5EC  7E65 397C E2A8 090C A9B4