[Dovecot] NTLM failures with an interesting twist

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sat Aug 29 02:36:21 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 19:32 -0400, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Aug 28, 2009, at 7:25 PM, Gavin Hamill wrote:
>
> > auth_ntlm_use_winbind = yes
> ..
> > Does anyone have any magic beans for Outlook 2007 (tried both original
> > release + SP2) ?
>
> No idea. Have you tried if Dovecot's internal NTLM support logs
> anything useful (so without winbind)?

Today's my first day with Dovecot, so be gentle :)

I did notice that winbind was optional but I wasn't able to find a
drool-proof walkthrough to set up the internal support. I've had recent
good experience with winbind (squid and samba + ntlm auth) so decided to
press ahead with it.

Is there a Wiki article on using the internal support?

Cheers,
Gavin,