[Dovecot] v2.0 configuration paths

Julio C. Ortega jortega at onuva.com
Mon Aug 31 20:01:58 EEST 2009

El 31/08/09 12:03, Timo Sirainen escribió:
> In Dovecot v2.0 I'm splitting dovecot-example.conf to multiple files.
> It's probably annoying to have tons of dovecot-*-example.conf files, so
> what do you think about:
>
> 1. Change default sysconfdir from $prefix/etc to $prefix/etc/dovecot
> (that's what most distros do anyway)
>
> 2. Install *.conf files to $sysconfdir/example/ without the "-example"
> part in any of the config files.
>
> So new installations would then start with "mv example/* ."

Greetings *

I'll would like to see a config dir like /etc/dovecot.d, and, inside it
something like:

network.example
namespaces.example
logging.example
protocols.example
security.example
plugins.example

But if i got to choose only from the two that you listed, i'll go for
option 2.

Kind Regards.

--
Julio C. Ortega