[Dovecot] How do i translate the old default_mail_env setting?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Dec 6 22:37:52 EET 2009

	Hi,

	First, I am new to dovecot.  Before my Jan '08 meltdown,
	sendmail was sufficient.  A friend set up dovecot and since
	things just-worked, I was happy with that.  Now I have a new
	mailserver and what was installed nearly two years ago fails.

	My pal installed things in dovecot.conf this way:

	default_mail_env = maildir:~/Maildir

	but the new mail environment is too different to be readily
	understood.  --At least for me!--  The "%u" variable is
	confusing; so in the "%h" ($HOME [?]) variable...

	Would the following edit work on my old conf file:

	mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir  ?

	tia,

	gary kline

    The 7.31a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php