[Dovecot] postmaster_address setting not given

Stephen Davies stevie_davies at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 14:16:52 EET 2009

    Sendvecot at dovecot.org
> Subject: Re: [Dovecot] postmaster_address setting not given
>
> On Dec 5, 2009, at 7:50 PM, Stephen Davies wrote:
>
> > Hi, I am trying to get dovecot working with postfix, and am coming up against this error message. I have this setting configured in the 'protocol lda' section.
> >
> > I am running v1.1.11
> >
> > dovecot -n -c /etc/dovecot/dovecot-postfix.conf
>
> Are you also calling deliver with -c /etc/dovecot/dovecot-postfix.conf? I don't know what Ubuntu has done, but that's not the default .conf path.

Hi, of course! I spent a couple of hours being thrown with this at first when configuring dovecot, but didn't think that I needed to add it to master.cf as well. Now I have this in the master.cf file - all works as expected:

dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=vmail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -c /etc/dovecot/dovecot-postfix.conf -f ${sender} -d ${recipient}

Many thanks, for all your help.

Regards, Steve.