[Dovecot] Mbox corruption

Erinn Looney-Triggs erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 19:18:15 EET 2009

> On 12/7/2009, Erinn Looney-Triggs (erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com) wrote:
>> Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Any suggestions as to how
>> to root this out?
>
> dovecot 0.99.x versions were notorious for this, but haven't heard of
> anything like this for recent versions.
>
> So, this farm of 30 dovecot servers - have you tried to nail down
> whether it happens to this user only when they are accessing through one
> server? And are you certain that all 30 servers are running 1..2.8, and
> configured the same?
>
> --
>
> Best regards,
>
> Charles

Sorry should have been more clear, all 30 systems are completely
separate instances, a good example of inter-departmental non-cooperation
;). They are all running version 1.2.8 and are all configured
identically minus compile differences for RHEL4 or 5 and x86 vs. x86_64.
So the user is always accessing the same server. It is extremely odd
that this issue is happening only to this one user on this one system
which still make me lean toward it being a client issue but I am unsure
of how to determine that.

-Erinn