[Dovecot] After upgrading to 1.2 - absolute path questions

Richard Stockton dovecot at richardleestockton.org
Wed Dec 9 02:01:32 EET 2009

Hi Timo,

Okay, I'm confused now...

Here is what we are using with 1.1.19:

password_query = SELECT password, home as userdb_home, 5000 as userdb_uid,
  5000 as userdb_gid FROM mailbox where userid = '%n'

mail_location = maildir:/mail/%h:INDEX=MEMORY

The "/mail/" dir contains 26 NFS mounted partitions.

Will this still work in 1.2?

I have been holding off upgrading because it sounded like I would have
to add the "/mail/" prefix to all the "home" directories in my user DB,
and with 5 instances of Dovecot running off the same DB, I would have
to shut down the pop/imap servers for the upgrade, something that would
NOT make my boss happy.

However, if I can leave the configs and the database as they are, the
update will not be a big problem.  Please let me know if I can use the
old configs with Dovecot 1.2.x, I would love to be using the latest and
greatest.

And BTW, thanks again for all your hard work, Dovecot is a wonderful
piece of software, and we really appreciate it!
  - Richard