[Dovecot] Want to simplify [Was:Re: How do i translate the old default_mail_env setting?]

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Wed Dec 9 21:26:56 EET 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 02:08:34PM -0500, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> ..
> > 	Let me rephrase my previous post: I had installed the
> > 	cyrus-sasl2 port.  Can I safely remove this now and reply on
> > 	the builtin dovecot SASL?
>
> You said you built Sendmail with SASL support. Sendmail doesn't support
> Dovecot SASL. So you need to keep using Cyrus SASL.

	Thanks much.  I thought this might be the case; and, looking
	over my friend's write-up, I see that he links cyrus into
	things-sendmail.  ---I've used sendmail for too long to give
	it up now.  But a final question:  do you ever think that
	dovecot might integrate sendmail??

    The 7.31a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php