[Dovecot] After upgrading to 1.2 - absolute path questions

Richard Stockton dovecot at richardleestockton.org
Wed Dec 9 23:05:03 EET 2009

At 12:28 PM 12/9/2009, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>Oh. || wasn't concat operator in MySQL after all. I just recently tested
>that it didn't give an error so I assumed it was concat, not logical
>or. :)
>
> > I believe these errors were from my first attempt, when I just had
> > "'/mail/' || home as userdb_home".
>
>You should have used instead: concat('mail', home) as userdb_home

I just tried: concat('mail/', home) as userdb_home
after setting mail_location = maildir:~/:INDEX=MEMORY

Squirrelmail reports: ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
   Query: CAPABILITY

dovecot-info.log reports nothing.

"home" is defined in the DB as "r/l/rls/Maildir/".  The DB is MySQL 5.0.26.
OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga)

If I try: concat('maildir:/mail/', home) as userdb_mail
(leaving the old config mail_location = maildir:/mail/:INDEX=MEMORY)

I get the same squirrelmail error and this in dovecot-info.log
Dec  9 12:49:13 webmail02 dovecot: Fatal: Mailbox indexes in
/mail/r/l/rls/Maildir/ are in NFS mount. You must set
mail_nfs_index=yes (and mail_nfs_storage=yes) to avoid index
corruptions. If you're sure this check was wrong, set nfs_check=no.

which I assume is due to there being no "INDEX=MEMORY" anywhere.

I am really starting to push my luck testing this with our clients
trying to use webmail at the same time.  But I'm still open to other
ideas, I just may have to wait a bit before trying them.
Thanks.
  - Richard