[Dovecot] Overriding Default Subscription Behavior

Tony Rutherford tony at bluetie.com
Thu Dec 10 17:15:13 EET 2009

The subscription files we're migrating from have a "." for folder
separation.  We will be using Dovecot's maildir with LAYOUT=fs.  It's
looking for "/" as the separator in the subscription file.  So, obviously we
could simply write a script to swap the two characters.  However, just
curious if there are any options for doing this within a plugin (since we're
already doing some things in a plugin) by overriding some of the
subscription code.something like the "next_line()" in subscriptions.c.  I
don't see any vfuncs in this area, aside from set_subscribed() I believe.but
maybe there's a better spot I'm not thinking of?  One thing I've learned
with Dovecot is that it somehow supports things I didn't believe it
could/would, so I thought I'd ask.

Tony