[Dovecot] Problem using LDAP generating Userhome

Thorsten Habich thorsten.habich at telefonica.de
Fri Dec 11 11:50:23 EET 2009

Hi!

> I don't think there's a good way to solve this currently.

I also think so, we "solved" the problem by putting the complete
homepath in LDAP.

>> pass_attrs =
>> uid=user,userPassword=password,mailMessageStore=home=%$/telefonica.de/%Ln,mailFilterStore=sieve_dir=%$/telefonica.de/%Ln
>>

> Do mailMessageStore and mailFilterStore return different directories? If
> not, maybe you could just put those settings into plugin {} section.
> Then the %Ln is guaranteed to be what you want.

That doesn't seem to work.

Dec 11 10:43:59  dovecot: Fatal: userdb didn't return a home directory,
but mail location used it (%h): %h/:INDEX=/mail/index/%Lu/

The problem seems to be, that dovecot replaces values "on the fly" while
retrieving from ldap.
Not in the order it is mentioned in config file.

Greetings

Thorsten