[Dovecot] shared virtual (plugin) mailboxes?

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Fri Dec 11 21:14:51 EET 2009

On December 11, 2009 1:58:30 PM -0500 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 13:56 -0500, Frank Cusack wrote:
>> With the virtual plugin is it possible to create shared virtual
>> mailboxes? It seems to work (I created them under /etc/dovecot/virtual)
>> but I wanted to make sure it is supported.
>
> Just make sure the index files aren't shared. So something like:
>
> location = virtual:/etc/dovecot/virtual:INDEX=~/Maildir/virtual

That doesn't seem to work.  First I get
Fatal: Namespace initialization failed
virtual: Root mail directory doesn't exist: /var/maildir/frank/virtual.

If I create that directory, then I can login but I can't see the virtual
mailboxes.  If I start creating subdirectories matching the virtual
mailboxes I can start to see them but no messages inside and no errors
in the log.

-frank