[Dovecot] Doubts about namespace && thunderbird.

Beto Moreno pamrtj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 10:42:02 EET 2009

 Hi people.

 I ask this because I'm confuse about the namespace stuff.

 I setup a server with Centos 5.4(updated)+dovecot 1.0.7+postfix 2.3.3. We
use thunderbird 2.0.x as our default email client.

 I want to use courier-imap inbox layout:

 Inbox--
            sent
            junk
            trash
            draft

  The inbox as father of the tree, other post say something about a
namespace like this:

separator = .
prefix = Inbox.
inbox = yes

  If I make this, thunderbird go crazy and tell me each time I try to access
a user mail that :server respond-->unknown namespace, with this my layout
is:

Inbox
   Trash

 But if I try to access Trash, is went he send me that error and none of my
users could access those folders. What is the problem with this?

 Now if I comment the namespace, my folders goes below the father(Inbox) u
could not see the different.

Last thing, how can I setup a global layout where each user the first time
they log-in thunderbird could make: Trash, Draft, Sent?

 Thanks!!!