[Dovecot] How to let people change their password ?

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Thu Dec 17 11:23:38 EET 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 10:16 +0100, Robert Schetterer wrote:

> Am 17.12.2009 09:53, schrieb Edi Stojicevic:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to know what do you use to let people change their email
> > password ?
> > I have a dedicated server with postfix and dovecot on it for a couple of
> > web sites and I need to be able to let them change their mail password
> > ... but I havent found any documentation on that :(
> >
> > If you have any feedbacks, tutorials, website, ... let me know ;)
> >
> > ++
> THis depends where and how your passwords are stored
> if you have them i.e in mysql you can change them with
> webguis/webmailcleints like horde ,squirrelmail
> postfixadmin etc.
> If they are local accounts you may use webmin/usermin etc.
> describe your setup

Roberts right,  without you advising how you are authing, it's near
impossible to give guidance,  but if you are using mysql,  the
change_sqlpass  plugin is what you want, its also very easy to modify it
to change other passwords stored in mysql like  ftp/http auth
at same time.

--
Kind Regards,
SSA Noel Butler