[Dovecot] dovecot-1.2.8 imap crash (with backtrace)

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Thu Dec 17 21:06:05 EET 2009

On 12/17/2009 01:07 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 12:49 -0500, David Halik wrote:
>

>> I applied those patches to my 1.2.8 installation before 1.2.9 was
>> released and that immediately fixed the expunge crash, but the
>> array_delete bug is still there.
>>
> Do you also see the "duplicate file entry" before the crash?

Yes, the duplicate file entry is always reported immediately before the
crash, just as Ralf reported too. You can see it in this example
pastebin I took from one of our users:

http://pastebin.com/f29c55de5

>> maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=/rci/nqu%h/dovecot:CONTROL=/rci/nqu%h/dovecot
>>
> Are the index/control files on NFS? Are there multiple different servers
> accessing mail data?

Correct. All index, control files, amd mail storage are located on NFS
and there are multiple load balanced servers accessing the NFS data.
We're currently running with:

mmap_disable = yes
dotlock_use_excl = yes
fsync_disable = no