[Dovecot] qpopper to dovecot migration

Jernej Porenta jernej.porenta at arnes.si
Mon Dec 21 10:15:46 EET 2009

Heya,

We are in the process of migrating from qpopper to dovecot as POP3 server (and IMAP as well) and we hit the UIDL issue with dovecot. Qpopper uses its own algorithm to create UIDL values and if you set it up to write them down in the mbox file as X-UIDL, then dovecot can use them (pop_uidl_reuse = yes).

But if you don't use that feature from qpopper, than X-UIDLs are missing and there is no way to create the same UIDL values. So, I was wondering if anyone else hit that issue and maybe knows how to address it (writing an extension or something)?

Thanks in advance,

regards, Jernej