[Dovecot] Dovecot vs Exim file locking

Ibrahim Harrani ibrahim.harrani at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 10:52:04 EET 2009

Hi,

I am trying to deploy large e-mail system but I will use qmail-ldap on Linux
and maildir will be mounted by all backends from Netapp via NFS.

In LDAP, there will be only one mailhost entry. All qmail-ldap backends will
have same name and will run dovecot instance. So, all users can access to
mailbox from any server in the pool.  If I distribute users with different
mailhosts and if one mailhost server is down,
the users will not able to access their mailbox until fix the problem or
change mailhost entry with working one.

But I don't know the NFS issues in my planned setup. Do you think that I
will face
same NFS locks/problem(OS based) with Netapp NFS?

Thanks in advance.