[Dovecot] [exim] Exim + Dovecot deliver overquota problems

Nikita Koshikov koshikov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 17:48:21 EET 2009

Exim have much more variables and functions http://exim.org/exim-html-4.69/doc/html/spec_html/ch11.html#SECTexpvar, so if you don't use any special dovecot variable data, than it shouldn't be a problem.

> With a perl script I could also do that, I would like only if it's the
> last resort (too much overhead I would think)

Parsing file and counting quota value - is trivial stuff. The main disadvantage of this way is executing external aplication on every RCPT TO command. If you'll decide to use perl consider using option perl_at_start to minimize aplication starting time.