[Dovecot] sieve vs deliver -m

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Mon Dec 28 09:26:48 EET 2009

I'm invoking deliver through postfix with a dovecot transport in master.cf,
using the -m ${extension} argument.  If I have no sieve script, or a
sieve script with an implicit keep, the mail gets correctly filed into
the -m mailbox.

However if the sieve script has an explicit discard, this gets honored
if it doesn't match another sieve action.

Shouldn't -m take precedence?  I would say that if an extension is present
any other sieve action should be ignored, perhaps just sieve_before should
be run then the message filed per the extension.

-frank