[Dovecot] pop3+leave messages on server

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Tue Dec 29 12:50:37 EET 2009

Tobias wrote:
> yes I would try with another MUA just to verify whether it's a MUA- or
> server problem.

Well as I wrote, it will be hard, but I'll do it. Until I cannot, do you
have any other idea?

> Btw: No chance to persuade the user to use IMAP instead of POP3?

No there is no chance.

I had another thread here in the list (imap + TB + two Trash folders).
Until I don't have a final user and client independent solution, I
recommend imap for users. But this is not the biggest problem. The
protocoll imap is not the same as using pop3+leave messages on server.
He wants to use this scenario anyway as he did for many years with no
problems.

Thank you,

tamas