[Dovecot] checking all folders for new mail (IMAP STATUS command)

Tue Dec 29 14:37:57 EET 2009

On 2009-12-29 7:23 AM, Florian Effenberger wrote:
>>> Seems I am lucky then:
>>> Build options: ioloop=poll notify=dnotify
>> dnotify is deprecated (and buggy)... use inotify on the server instead.

> I guess that requires recompilation of the package?

I don't think so, but maybe the old 1.0rc15 only supported dnotify?

Anyway, inotify/dnotify is not part of dovecot, it is part of the linux
kernel (2.6.13+) - dovecot only makes USE of it, so it will work with
either.

So, it depends on which is enabled on your kernel/system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inotify

--

Best regards,

Charles