[Dovecot] multiple attribute templates?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Dec 29 23:29:38 EET 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-24 at 19:45 -0300, Mariano Absatz wrote:
> pass_attrs =
> uid=user,userPassword=password,maildropPath=userdb_mail=maildir:/home/vmail/%$,maildropPath=userdb_home=/home/vmail/%$
>
> Alas... this didn't work... that is, apparently, the "home" attribute
> works OK (I got my scripts on the /home/vmail/example.org/mabsatz/sieve
> directory), but the "mail" attribute got lost and mail is being
> delivered to /home/vmail/mabsatz.
>
> Is there a way to use more than one attribute template AND that both use
> the same LDAP attribute?

No. It would be a good feature, but too much trouble to add the code for
now. Maybe when I redesign the whole LDAP configuration.

> Otherwise, can someone think of a better way to do what I'm trying to do?

Yes. Just have it return userdb_home and then set:

mail_location = maildir:~/

Although note that having home and maildir be the same directory isn't a
great idea. http://wiki.dovecot.org/VirtualUsers/Home