[Dovecot] Using Dovecot deliver with Postfix

Tobias Lang tobias.lang at evoscout.de
Wed Dec 30 16:31:24 EET 2009

Am 29.12.2009 um 22:34 schrieb Timo Sirainen:

> On Fri, 2009-12-25 at 13:30 +0100, Tobias Lang wrote:
>
>> while installing Dovecot sieve, I am not able to deliver email for root.
>
> That's because you should be redirecting root's mails to some other
> user. root shouldn't have mail.

Well, I do redirect mail to admin accounts. However, I use
SuSE 11 as a base system. And there it is a default to also
deliver root mail to the root account, default aliases looks like this:

 root:	tobi, \root

I was not aware, that root should not be allowed to recieve mail
at all and by removing the '\root' from /etc/aliases, deliver is working as
expected.

Tobi

P.S.: Sorry for private double-post