[Dovecot] A Dovecot Sieve spam filter question.

aja-lists at tni.org aja-lists at tni.org
Thu Dec 31 00:56:55 EET 2009

On 12/30/2009 10:08 PM, Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:

> As I understand ":contains" tests presence of the sub-string
> =>  so you can test 'at least n consecutive stars present' ('n stars OR more')

Okay, thanks, after some searching I see that quite some people
apparently have this working successully, for example here :

http://www.cs.uchicago.edu/info/services/imap/sieve

But this (2nd line is one long line) :

require ["fileinto"];
if header :contains "X-Spam-Level"
"**************************************************" {
fileinto "Junk";
}

simply delivers the gtube test email in the Inbox instead of the Junk
folder :( No errors in the dovecot-deliver log, what am I missing ?

All other Sieve scripts via AvelSieve work without problems
(Although for some reason AvelSieve repeatedly sees all mail-folders
except "Junk" folder), except this X-Spam-Level one doesn't.

> =>  there is no need for complicated anyof like in  http://pastebin.ca/1732221

Hmm, yes, indeed, I misunderstood some remark in some other posting I
found. :)