[Dovecot] Oracle SQL driver

Alexander Bukharov bukharov at bpc.ru
Thu Dec 31 09:11:09 EET 2009

Hi all.

Recently I was looking for an IMAP-server with Oracle support and
unfortunatelly I couldn't find one. It was a surprise for me but there is
no such functionality at all. So I've chosen an IMAP-server with most
flexible and convinient architecture that was Dovecot-1.2.9 and written a
driver for Oracle RDBMS support. I used Oracle Pro*C so a Pro*C
preprocessor is needed to compile the driver.
There is a lot of logging there that should be removed.

It would be great if you consider to include this driver to mainstream so
Dovecot will be the first IMAP server supporting Oracle as auth backend.

All related files are attached.

Cheers.