[Dovecot] Errors after install with non-standard prefix

Dmitry Samersoff dms at samersoff.net
Mon Feb 2 13:43:04 EET 2009

Hi Everyone,

I'm new in dovecot - so first at all, thank you for amazing work.
I'd flicked through dovecot code and it's very accurate.

I'm trying to use dovecot with a little bit non-standard configuration:
dovecot installed under /my_path/dovecot, all users has the same home
directory  /my_path/var/mail and have to access all mailboxes/folders
located there.

But I have troubles with it:

Right after start dovecot start spamming log with

Error: dict: dict client: Broken handshake

besides of GB's of lines above I have:

Error: imap-login: Timeout waiting for handshake from auth server. my
pid=18493, input bytes=0

And of course nothing works.

Thank you!
-Dmitry
=====================

#/zhome/dovecot/sbin/dovecot -n
# 1.1.10: /zhome/dovecot/etc/dovecot.conf
# OS: SunOS 5.10 sun4v  zfs
base_dir: /zhome/var/run/dovecot
log_path: /zhome/var/log/dovecot_main.log
info_log_path: /zhome/var/log/dovecot_info.log
protocols: imap
ssl_disable: yes
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /zhome/var/run/dovecot
login_executable: /zhome/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_user: exim
login_chroot: no
login_max_processes_count: 30
max_mail_processes: 30
first_valid_uid: 1
mail_uid: exim
mail_gid: exim
mail_location: mbox:/zhome/var/mail:INBOX=/zhome/var/mail/.dead_letters
mail_debug: yes
mbox_lazy_writes: no
auth default:
   failure_delay: 1