[Dovecot] Errors after install with non-standard prefix

Dmitry Samersoff dms at samersoff.net
Tue Feb 3 00:08:20 EET 2009

Timo,

Thanks a lot it helps.

1.

What is dependency between login directory and dict client?
Are you trying to open unix domain sockets or pipes under login dir? If
yes - is it possible to force dovecot to open it all under /tmp ?

2.
Generally I would like to run entire dovecot under exim user but dovecot
claims
  Logins with login_user's UID 69 not permitted
despite the fact I set
  first_valid_uid = 1
changing login user to nobody helps.

-Dmitry.