[Dovecot] Using dovecot sasl for authenticating in openldap

Nathan Huesken dovecot at lonely-star.org
Tue Feb 3 00:29:25 EET 2009

Well, I have to admit, I do not know what I am saying.

I wanted to authenticate in openldap using dovecot-sasl. The only useable thing I could find was this document describing pass-through authentication. And it talked about the /usr/lib/sasl2/slapd.conf. It belongs to cyrus sasl? Mmh ...

Does anyboday know if and how openldap authentication using dovecot is possible?

Thanks!
Nathan