[Dovecot] Mail undeliverable error

jan gestre ipcopper.ph at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 10:15:31 EET 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Uldis Pakuls <neko at it4u.lv> wrote:
> jan gestre wrote:
>>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I've already posted this to the postfix mailing list and they made
>> sure the error as the title suggest was generated by dovecot and not
>> the other way around.
>
> Yes, they are right :
>
> Feb  1 21:26:42 mail postfix/pipe[19788]: D9A6D148050:
> to=<postmaster at ddblocal.com>, relay=dovecot, delay=5.6,
> delays=5.6/0.01/0/0.03, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (user unknown)
>
> dovecot bounces message "status=bounced (user unknown)"
>>
>>  userdb:
>>    driver: sql
>>    args: /etc/dovecot-sql.conf
>>

> You din't provide contents of  "/etc/dovecot-sql.conf".  Message is bounced
> as dovecot can't find "postmaster at ddblocal.com" in mysql database.
> There is something wrong with configuration in "/etc/dovecot-sql.conf" or
>  mysql  database itself.

Here's my dovecot-sql.conf:

driver = mysql
connect = host=localhost dbname=postfix user=dovecot password=secret
default_pass_scheme = MD5
user_query = SELECT '/home/virtualmail/%d/%n' as home,
'maildir:/home/virtualmail/%d/%n' as mail, 150 AS uid, 12 AS gid,
concat('dirsize:storage=', quota) AS quota FROM mailbox WHERE username
= '%u' AND active = '1'
password_query = SELECT username as user, password,
'/home/virtualmail/%d/%n' as userdb_home,
'maildir:/home/virtualmail/%d/%n' as userdb_mail, 150 as userdb_uid,
12 as userdb_gid FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u' AND active = '1'