[Dovecot] Mail undeliverable error

jan gestre ipcopper.ph at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:51:38 EET 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 6:35 PM, Charles Marcus
<CMarcus at media-brokers.com> wrote:
> On 2/3/2009, jan gestre (ipcopper.ph at gmail.com) wrote:
>> correction, dovecot's version is dovecot-1.0-1.2.rc15.el5
>
> rc15 was known to be buggy and is very old... you really need to upgrade
> before pursuing this further, so might as well upgrade to the latest -
> or better, wait for 1.1.11 which is imminent (today probably)...
>
> --
>
> Best regards,
>
> Charles

I've been googling around for answers and I've found this article
about smtp-auth via mysql:

/usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf

pwcheck_method: auxprop
mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
auxprop_plugin: sql
sql_verbose: yes
sql_engine: mysql
sql_hostnames: localhost
sql_user: postfix
sql_passwd: password
sql_database: postfix
sql_select: select password from mailbox where username = '%u@%r'

I'm not sure what exactly does it do, do I need to turn on saslauthd?
It's currently not running.

I've also tried to upgrade via yum, almost broke it because before I
was able to recall that I've rebuilt in from source.