[Dovecot] Script: Moving Maildirs between servers

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
Tue Feb 3 19:40:25 EET 2009

Charles Marcus wrote:
> So you're rsyncing a live mail system with no problems?

I do it every day for backups. :-)

> I've been tempted to start doing this, but I was under the impression it
> could be risky (cause file corruption)?

I can imagine that one could end up in the backup copy with an
incomplete/corrupt file (but this will be fixed in the next rsync,
hopefully), but I don't see how rsync could corrupt the original files
in the mail server.

--
Why is it called a funny bone when it hurts so much?

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo at kalinowski.com.br
http://move.to/hpkb