[Dovecot] libsieve problems / wishes

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Feb 3 22:14:01 EET 2009

Steffen Kaiser wrote:
> 3) Because I try to migrate from cmusieve v1.0, I have a name issue
> with "imapflags".
>
> README sec "* Supports all extensions provided by the original CMUSieve
> plugin:" and sec "Implementation Status" explains that "imapflags"
> is available.
>
> This is not true entirly: "imapflags" is not, lib-sieve uses the name
> "imap4flags" as defined by RFC.
Documentation fixed.

> So, it leaves me with two options:
> 3a) convert all user scripts and hack Horde-Ingo, or
> 3b) have libsieve accept the alias "imapflags" for the extension
> "imap4flags".
>
> Would it be worhtwhile for libsieve to implement aliases for extensions,
> so that they are available in require by more than one name?
Ok, I've checked the specifications. It would in fact not be much of a
problem to have an alias called 'imapflags' for the imap4flags
extension, but only if your clients do not use the obsolete mark/unmark
commands. Could you confirm this for me?

Check this for documentation on that these commands did:

http://tools.ietf.org/draft/draft-melnikov-sieve-imapflags/draft-melnikov-sieve-imapflags-03.txt

This specification is almost nine years old. :)

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan at rename-it.nl